Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Red Pocket won't turn service back on

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
    Twigby is on the Verizon network. When I had their service I was able to change out my SIM to different phones just by switching the SIM (it would even automatically update my Dashboard and list the information for the new phone). I didn't even know that this was an issue until I tried moving a Tracfone (Verizon) SIM to another phone and was told that I was lucky that it still worked in the original phone.

Twigby always had great service.

https://www.twigby.com/
    As far as I know TF is the only vzw mvno that gets it's knickers in a knot if you swap sims. Even Verizon itself allows it.

Feedback Score
    TF *specifically*? Or ALL of TF properties, i.e., PagePlus, Simple, Total, etc.. ?

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    As far as I know TF is the only vzw mvno that gets it's knickers in a knot if you swap sims. Even Verizon itself allows it.
    I got read the riot act by Boom! when I was testing their Red service. I activated it in an iPhone, then moved the SIM to an "unsupported" device. Boy did they go sideways. Threats of cancellation of service, etc. if I didn't move it back. Even though everything was working perfectly fine for me post-swap.

Feedback Score
    That would be a quick buh'bye from me.

The arrogance...

Carrier(s)
    Tello & Hello
    Feedback Score
    Oh, okay. Thanks. That's good to know. I don't have much experience with Verizon's network. Tracfone and Twigby is it.

EDIT: I guess I had Page Plus back when it was still Page Plus, now that I think about it.
    Last edited by rcentros; 01-24-2023 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Left out "have"
    Pixel 3a on Tello — Alcatel Go Flip 3 on Tello — AGM M7 on Hello Mobile — iPhone SE on FreedomPop — TCL Flip 2 on Tracfone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanA View Post
    I got read the riot act by Boom! when I was testing their Red service. I activated it in an iPhone, then moved the SIM to an "unsupported" device. Boy did they go sideways. Threats of cancellation of service, etc. if I didn't move it back. Even though everything was working perfectly fine for me post-swap.
    I have swapped twice in the last year with no issue on boom red. I won't pretend to know what restrictions the MVNOs may or may not have as far as allowed devices or how that may change over time.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alster View Post
    TF *specifically*? Or ALL of TF properties, i.e., PagePlus, Simple, Total, etc.. ?
    I know PagePlus allows sim swaps. That's what they want you to do when you get a new phone. Don't know about the other TF brands but never heard anyone using others complain in here that I recall. But PagePlus is the Maverick of TF having been acquired late in the game.
    US Mobile also says just swap the sims but an both them and PagePlus, and even Verizon itself, they emphasize "compatible phone" and recommend you check your imei with them before you do to avoid blaming them if you have issues after the swap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanA View Post
    .... I activated it in an iPhone, then moved the SIM to an "unsupported" device. Boy did they go sideways. Threats of cancellation of service, etc. if I didn't move it back. Even though everything was working perfectly fine for me post-swap.
    It needs to be a supported device of course. They say compatible but that's the same as saying supported by a carrier. Even Verizon itself emphasizes "compatible phone" and recommends you check your imei with them before you swap to avoid blaming them if you have issues after the swap.

Carrier(s)
    taking Mobi out for a test drive
    Feedback Score
    I have been using Verizon MVNO Mobi for several months and I'm delighted with them. They are a small company that is hungry for new customers so they treat you well and respond quickly to any issue. If you can port out I recommend Mobi.
    I took the first step toward completing my bucket list. I purchased a bucket.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Even Verizon itself emphasizes "compatible phone" and recommends you check your imei with them before you swap to avoid blaming them if you have issues after the swap.
    To be clear, everything was working just fine & I was satisfied. I didn't call them...they called me. I didn't ask for support, or blame them for any problems, because there were none...at least up until they told me I wasn't allowed to use that phone.

Even after they called and threatened to cut off service, everything continued to work fine. I called their bluff and told them I'd file an FCC complaint if they pressed forward. They seemed to back off after that. Ultimately, though, I was pissed off enough after this that a couple of months later I just decided to move on. i'd already been through the Boom! Blue / ATT debacle. It was clear that this was not the same company any longer, and ultimately I'd rather do business with somebody that isn't so bent on being actively antagonistic & adversarial.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mfs54729 View Post
    I am helping my mother-in-law with her phone service because she isn't very tech savvy. I have her set up with service through RedPocket. About a week and a half ago her phone stopped working. I called RedPocket and they told me they shut her phone off because her IMEI number was on the list of stolen phones. It's an older phone we bought used off of Swappa and has worked good for years but whatever. I got a different phone for her to use and called RedPocket to get her service transferred to the new phone. They have been unable to do that. Every time I call they say they are working on it and to wait 24 hours. https://www.howardforums.com/images/smilies/awcrap.gif Why is this so hard for them? Is there any way to get to a more advanced support person that may know how to fix this?

She is running on the Verizon network and would like to stay there. Are there any other MVNOs that use Verizon, I've found RedPocket, Page Plus, and Visible. Will there be problems porting her number out because this issue isn't resolved yet? This used to be her landline number so she's had this number for a long time and would hate to have to change it.
    Thanks.
    https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

This should work.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    Tello & Hello
    Feedback Score
    I know PagePlus allows sim swaps.
    Page Plus says my "not scanned at Walmart" Nokia 2760 is "good to go," but you can't activate on Page Plus now, can you?

Feedback Score
    Page Plus says my "not scanned at Walmart" Nokia 2760 is "good to go," but you can't activate on Page Plus now, can you?
    Sure you can if it's compatible and VoLTE. You may be thinking of PP going away but last report is that's not till 2024. I think earlier was for dealers but from the PP website others have.

Carrier(s)
    Tello & Hello
    Feedback Score
    Sure you can if it's compatible and VoLTE. You may be thinking of PP going away but last report is that's not till 2024. I think earlier was for dealers but from the PP website others have.
    Thanks! I ordered a couple SIMs directly from Page Plus (wasn't sure if the ones on eBay were current -- they all said for "CDMA phones only"). The Nokia 2760 was new, but apparently never scanned at Walmart. VIPoutlet refunded what I paid (and told me to keep the phone), but it still drives me nuts that a perfectly good phone can't be used. I don't know why Page Plus says this phone will work on their network (or whether it really well) but apparently Page Plus has some special claim on Tracfone phones. (At least I hope they do, this is not the first time I've heard about this. I thought Page Plus quit taking new customers on November 1, 2022 or I would have tried this sooner.

Again thanks. I'll report on how it works out once the SIMs come in. I'm hoping that, after two months, I'll be able to unlock the phone (it was advertised as "unlocked" when I originally bought it, but I think they meant "unlocked" for use on Tracfone. That proved not to be true as well.)

Feedback Score
    Thanks! I ordered a couple SIMs directly from Page Plus (wasn't sure if the ones on eBay were current -- they all said for "CDMA phones only"). The Nokia 2760 was new, but apparently never scanned at Walmart. VIPoutlet refunded what I paid (and told me to keep the phone), but it still drives me nuts that a perfectly good phone can't be used. I don't know why Page Plus says this phone will work on their network (or whether it really well) but apparently Page Plus has some special claim on Tracfone phones. (At least I hope they do, this is not the first time I've heard about this. I thought Page Plus quit taking new customers on November 1, 2022 or I would have tried this sooner.

Again thanks. I'll report on how it works out once the SIMs come in. I'm hoping that, after two months, I'll be able to unlock the phone (it was advertised as "unlocked" when I originally bought it, but I think they meant "unlocked" for use on Tracfone. That proved not to be true as well.)
    If the phone wasn't properly scanned at Walmart you likely won't be able to activate it. The scan is separate from the price scan at checkout from a store. There's another bar code on cell phones and sims that needs to be scanned to allow activation. Prevents shop lifting a phone.
    Is it TF branded ? Wasn't there a sim in it ? Keep in mind PagePlus=TF. Bet the sim you get from PP says TF on it even though it will be in a PagePlus sleeve.
    Even if by chance you can activate it considering it wasn't scanned, you won't be able to get it unlocked eventually since a branded phone needs to be activated with the sim that comes in it new and remain active on that sim for the 60 days.
    I'd recommend you try the activation on chat and tell them you lost the original sim (make some story up) and you bought a new PP sim. Ask them to pair the imei and sim as new so you can unlock in the future. Unless of course the phone is already unlocked. Good luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast